Flexible, personalized estate plans to carry out your wishes
Estate plans generally include a will and/or trust to address the disposition of assets at the client’s death, but also include durable powers of attorney and advance directives for healthcare so a plan is in place in case the client becomes incapacitated.
Good estate planning answers questions such as:
- Who should care for minor children, if any, in your absence?
- Who should manage your assets if you become incapacitated or die?
- Who should benefit from your estate?
- Who should make medical decisions if you cannot communicate your wishes?
Good estate planning is a gift you give your family.
Our Estate Planning Expertise
Our Key Strategies
- Analyzing tax issues and minimizing estate taxes and gift taxes
- Business succession planning
- Establishing revocable living trusts to avoid probate, protect privacy and allow for management in the event of incapacity
- Establishing special needs trusts to provide for individuals with disabilities and need-based public assistance
- Developing plans for lifetime giving to individuals or charitable organizations
- Establishing irrevocable trusts to minimize gift and estate taxes
- Establishing guardianships and conservatorships
Wills & Estate Plan Review
We encourage clients to periodically review their estate planning documents to evaluate whether they continue to be appropriate. We are always happy to assist clients with the review and updating of their estate planning documents and strategies.
Estate Plan Reformation
We represent clients in will and trust disputes, reformation of estate planning documents and in judicial and non-judicial modification of trusts.
Prior to meeting with an attorney regarding your will and estate plan, we recommend downloading, completing and saving one of these confidential family information sheets. Print it and bring it with you to your meeting. (See download instructions below.)
Click on the appropriate questionnaire link above from your laptop or desktop computer. The questionnaire will download to your computer as a fillable PDF file. Open the downloaded file from the download folder on your computer* and fill in the questionnaire. Save the completed questionnaire on your computer and/or print a hard copy before closing your PDF document reader*.
*We recommend opening the questionnaire in Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.)