Daniel J. Drazan
Dan Drazan is a real estate attorney in Dunn Carney LLP’s Real Estate Team. Dan advises clients on a range of real estate transactions and on general business matters. He also represents landlords and tenants in commercial lease disputes, including mediations and evictions.
Dan strives to provide successful and efficient navigation of complex transactions and legal issues for his clients. His practice focuses on assisting clients purchase, sell, develop, finance, and lease all types of real property, including shopping centers, industrial parks, office buildings, multifamily housing, hospitality properties and personal residences.
In 2015 Dan completed mediator training, putting to new use his experience in the real estate industry. Enabling parties to craft their own dispute solutions to avoid the delay, expense and anxiety of litigation is the hallmark of mediation and a natural fit for Dan. He is available serve as a mediator to assist people in resolving a range of real estate disputes.
Dan has served as leader of Dunn Carney’s Real Estate Team, and served as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Outside the office, Dan spends much of his free time fishing the Pacific Northwest’s rivers and bays in search of salmon, trout and steelhead.
U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1999
Willamette University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1998; Willamette Law Review, 1996-1998
Lewis & Clark College, B.A., with Honors, 1995
- Represented a publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) in its acquisition of numerous shopping center properties in Oregon, Washington and California, most recently a 115,000 s.f. shopping center in the Los Angeles, CA market for $76,000,000, and a 120,000 s.f. shopping center in the Seattle, WA market for $41,500,000.
- Represented the owner in comprehensive renovation of regional Oregon shopping center, including negotiating several new anchor tenant leases and resolving complex construction, financing and tenant issues.
- Represented a health care provider tenant in its lease of 120,000 s.f. of multidisciplinary medical space in a new Seattle, WA health care complex.
- Represented a health insurance company tenant in its lease of three regional office locations in Oregon and Idaho totaling 50,000 s.f. of space.
- Represented the tenant in its lease of a full floor in Portland’s newest high-rise, the Park Avenue West building.
- Represented the buyer in its acquisition of 40-unit apartment complex in the Portland, OR market.
- Represented the seller in its disposition of two boutique apartment buildings in NW Portland’s Pearl District.
- Represented the owner of a Portland, OR area industrial park in its lease of a 50,000 s.f. building to a food and beverage manufacturer.
- Represented the buyer of a three-acre industrial, Portland, OR area industrial site with a 25,000 s.f. building.
- Represented the owners of land in Clackamas, Washington and Multnomah Counties in sales to local and national residential developers.
- Represented a commercial developer in the acquisition of adjacent parcels of land in the Seattle, WA market.
Purchase and Sale Agreements for Real Estate Transactions
Seller’s Representations and Warranties in Real Estate Transactions
Evictions and Landlord/Tenant Law in Oregon
Commercial Lease Enforcement and Evictions
Drafting and Negotiating Commercial Leases in Oregon
Hospitality, Restaurant and Travel Law
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Basic Estate Planning
Oregon State Bar, Real Estate and Land Use Section, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
Multnomah Bar Association
Clackamas County Bar Association
Oregon Mediation Association
Commercial Association of Brokers – Portland/SW Washington; Board of Directors, 2015; Legal Forms Committee, 2008