For Summer Associates, Dunn Carney offers the opportunity to work closely with a range of attorneys in varied practice areas, seek out projects of interest and learn the importance of the client’s perspective.
We treat our Summer Associates as first-year attorneys, entrusting them with meaningful client work under attorney supervision and including them in all social events throughout the summer.
This collaborative environment has been energizing. You’re empowered to set your own course.
2016 SUMMER ASSOCIATE
Summer Associate Program at Dunn Carney
- Hands-on work experience
- Opportunities for direct client interaction
- Strong mentor-mentee relationships
- Opportunities for pro bono work
- Participation in firm networking events and activities
- Opportunities to observe depositions, client meetings, and hearings
- A collegial environment
For decades, Dunn Carney has invited law students to complement their legal education with legal experience. Managing Partner Jon Bennett first came to the firm as a summer associate, as did partners Heather Guthrie, Tim Hering, Eric Kekel, Elizabeth Knight and Sam Smith, and associates Natalie Chernus and Lauren Russell.
How to Apply
Summer associates are primarily hired through On Campus Interview programs at Oregon and Washington law schools every August. However, other qualified second-year law students can apply by:
1. Submitting a cover letter, resumé and completed application. We request that you submit your materials in a .doc or .pdf file format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please fill out all of the education and employment history sections of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Your resumé is not a replacement for entering this history.
The application period for 2018 Summer Associate positions is closed. Please check back for 2019 positions and deadlines.