Advising investors and developers as they translate Opportunity Zones into community success
Dunn Carney’s pragmatic approach to a highly complex set of circumstances helped move our project along efficiently.
STURGEON DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS
Dunn Carney’s pioneering Opportunity Zone lawyers work with investors, developers, fund managers and lenders who are exploring, investing, lending and developing in designated Opportunity Zones. Our Opportunity Zone Team is comprised of experienced real estate, tax, securities and business lawyers.
The Opportunity Zone program is part of the 2017 federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, enacted to drive long-term capital gains into low-income rural and urban communities through a myriad of federal income tax benefits and incentives.
Oregon’s Opportunity Zones were designated in May 2018. They are nationally perceived as some of the strongest real estate investment opportunities in the country under the Opportunity Zone program, and are attracting strong interest from investors, lenders and developers in Oregon and throughout the U.S.
Our Opportunity Zone lawyers know the federal code, regulations and guidelines and can advise investors, developers and lenders on all aspects of investment and development in an Opportunity Zone. In addition, Coni Rathbone is a prominent and willing presenter and writer about topics related to Qualified Opportunity Zones and Qualified Opportunity Funds.
During the last year, Dunn Carney attorneys have advised investors on the evaluation of various investment opportunities structured to qualify for federal income tax benefits under the Opportunity Zone program. We have also assisted developers with the formation and qualification of Qualified Opportunity Funds and the raising of capital and borrowing of funds for acquisition and development of real estate within an Opportunity Zone.
Opportunity Zone Resources
An overview of the final Qualified Opportunity Zones Regulations, Coni Rathbone and Jonathan McGuire, Idaho Business Review, January 21, 2020
Multifamily housing funding 101, Idaho Business Review Square Feet, January 2020
First hot, then cold, now just right; Qualified Opportunity Zone Program Evolves to Benefit All Oregonians, by Coni Rathbone, Portland Business Journal, July 9, 2019
An Opportunity presents itself in Portland: Opportunity Zones can yield tax advantages for investors of all sizes; Guest Column, Portland Business Journal, March 16, 2019
Galena to develop eight more Opportunity Zone projects in Idaho, Idaho Business Review, November, 19, 2019
Ask the Experts: Opportunity Zones, featuring Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage
Produced for Equity Advantage by Celia Moore
- Introducing Opportunity Zones, guest Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage
- What is an Opportunity Zone,guest Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage
- Opportunity Zones – What are the Benefits? guest Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage
- Opportunity Zones – How do I Get Started? guest Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage
- Opportunity Zones – How do I Make an Investment? guest Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage
- How Can the Opportunity Zone Process be Applied? guest Coni Rathbone, Dunn Carney LLP; hosted by David Moore, Equity Advantage