Business leaders today recognize the value of their intellectual property
Dunn Carney’s IP attorneys help clients protect the value of intellectual property. Whether your IP assets take the form of trademarks; technology, software and other creative assets; publications, games and artistic works; or sensitive trade secrets, our intellectual property attorneys can help you with acquisition, protection, enforcement, monetization, and litigation. In addition, we counsel clients on complex agreements related to the purchase and licensing of technology products, such as computer systems, software and eCommerce services.
Our Intellectual Property Expertise
Federal, state and international registration, including an extensive practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and TTAB; brand management strategies; counseling and proactive measures relating to trademark infringement issues.
Representation of licensors and licensees in transactions of all sizes relating to the licensing of software, web-based applications, content (including music and video), technology and trade secrets.
Registration and advice on other protective measures. Copyright infringement counseling.
Representation of manufacturers, distributors, artists, professionals and others in trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement litigation, as well as in trade secret misappropriation claims.
Trade Secret Protection
Nondisclosure, noncompetition and nonsolicitation advice and strategies for employers. We draft provisions that are sufficiently broad to protect important underlying interests such as trade secrets and business goodwill, but at the same time sufficiently narrow to survive strict court scrutiny as to enforceability in the applicable state or country.
Technology, Media and eCommerce
Internet business planning and execution, including advice on website hosting and website use; compliance with data breach and privacy laws; domain name disputes; production and distribution transactions for music and video content; celebrity endorsement agreements.
- Trademark prosecution and successful practice before Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) on behalf of clients in the manufacturing, advertising, real estate development, software development, media and entertainment industries.
- Representation of software companies in connection with development and negotiation of custom software licensing agreements.
- Representation of media companies in negotiation of production agreements.
- Representation of large internet service provider in negotiation of streaming video technology licenses.
- Negotiation of technology joint ventures in telecom and Internet technologies industries.
- Representation of entertainers and product manufacturers in trademark licensing and endorsement deals.