Jason M. Powell
Jason Powell is a seasoned real estate, securities and corporate attorney with substantial experience advising real estate investment companies and developers, businesses, lenders, investors and start-ups across the United States. His practice focuses on real estate securities offerings, acquisition, due diligence, development, disposition and leasing of real estate, as well as business transactions from formation to exit. Jason is a member of the firm’s Real Estate, Business, and Opportunity Zone Law Teams.
I view my role as a deal-maker, creating solutions that bring together great people, projects and capital.
Jason advises clients on forming and operating real estate syndications, real estate funds, mortgage pools and performing and non-performing note pools. He drafts securities’ offering documentation including private placement memoranda and subscription agreements for capital raise projects and negotiates, structures and drafts agreements related to real estate acquisition, disposition, joint venture, and financing and leasing activities. He also advised a broad range of business from start-ups to established companies on all types of transaction matters during a business’ life cycle, including business combination transactions, including mergers and acquisitions.
As a results-oriented deal maker, Jason effectively analyzes, structures, negotiates and closes sophisticated business and real estate transactions. He focuses on the big picture to ascertain clients’ strategic business direction and formulate risk mitigation strategies to protect corporate capital and profitability.
In addition, Jason is a real estate investor, author, speaker and educator. He has written two books about private money lenders and is working on a book focusing on real estate syndication.
Cornell University, Certificate in Commercial Real Estate, 2018
University of Montana, Juris Doctorate, 2008
Montana State University – Billings, M.A. in Sports Management, 2000
Montana State University – Billings, B.S. in Finance & Economics, 1999
- Represented client in the sale of clients business for $75M.
- Assisted client in the preparation and presentation of due diligence materials in connection with company’s $300M reverse merger into a SPAC.
- Assisted client in conducting due diligence (including preparation of a due diligence memo) in connection with a potential $75M acquisition.
- Represent buyer in connection with the acquisition of 11 acres plus improvements for $8M
- Represent real estate developer on the acquisition, finance and renovation of an $8.8M apartment complex.
- Represent real estate developer on the acquisition, finance and construction of an $8.7M apartment complex.
- Represent gas distribution company in the acquisition of 13 retail distribution locations.
- Represent real estate developer on the acquisition, finance and renovation of an $8.5M apartment complex.
- Prepared Regulation D offering documents for $100M real estate opportunity zone fund focused on multifamily investment opportunities through the southeastern United States.
- Prepared Regulation D offering documents for $250M offering the proceeds of which would be used investing in oil and gas exploration and production projects.
- Prepared Regulation D offering documents for $50M offering the proceeds of which would be used for the purchase and operation of mobile home parks.
- Prepared Regulation D offering documents for $25M offering the proceeds of which were used to purchase and operate multifamily apartment complexes
- Prepared Regulation D offering documents for $50M offering the proceeds of which were to be used to engage in operational businesses within the recreational and medical marijuana industry
- Prepared Regulation D offering documents for $50M offering the proceeds of which would be used for secured private money lending
- PITCH: How to Present Your Real Estate Deal to Private Money Lenders
- FOUNDATION: A Comprehensive Guide to Finding, Structuring, and Working with Private Money Lenders
- Entity Selection for Real Estate Investors
- Structuring Joint Ventures for Real Estate Investors
- The Ultimate Guide to Self-Directed IRAs for Real Estate Investors: Discover How To Control And Grow Your Retirement Fund
- Understanding Self-Directed IRAs – Published in Private Lender in the January/February 2018 Magazine
- Understanding the Difference Between 506(c) and Regulation A+ – Published in Private Lender in the July/August 2017 Magazine