Michael (“Mike”) Crew is Of Counsel at Dunn Carney where his practice focuses on healthcare law. He represents physicians in resolving healthcare “fraud and abuse” issues with government regulators, private insurers, and related matters before licensing boards. Mike also represents the Oregon Medical Association, a number of medical staffs in Oregon, numerous multi-specialty clinics, and doctor-owned IPAs (Independent Practice Associations) and health plans. He has worked with physician groups in Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Idaho, organizing IPAs, physician hospital organizations, and physician owned insurance companies which insure both Medicare Advantage and Oregon Health Plan (CCO) enrollees. Prior to joining Dunn Carney, Mike was a partner at Cooney & Crew LLP.
Mike is a member of numerous organizations and societies including the Oregon State Bar and the American Health Lawyers Association. He was a member of the Governor’s Task Force on liability, and chaired and wrote the Tort Reform Bill which was enacted into law in 1987 in the State of Oregon.
- Oregon, 1972
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1972
- College of Idaho, B.A., Economics and Business Administration, 1969
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Preeminent™ rated lawyer
- Oregon Super Lawyer in Healthcare
- Best Lawyers in America, Healthcare
- Oregon State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association