Since 2007, Linda Odermott, RP®, OCP has worked as a paralegal in complex litigation and municipal law. She has special expertise in land use, construction defect, real property and marijuana-related matters. At Dunn Carney, Linda works with attorneys in the firm’s litigation and real estate groups.
Linda’s experience includes extensive research on tribal law, treaties, franchise agreements, ordinances and resolutions of local and state agencies, case law, easements, rights of way, land use agreements, policies and regulations of government agencies, historic maps and diagrams, and public records.
An active member of the local and national paralegal community, Linda has been a panelist, facilitator and speaker at the National Federation of Paralegal Associations and Oregon Paralegal Association’s conferences. In addition, she teaches real property as a member of the part-time faculty at Portland Community College’s Paralegal Program.
Education & Certifications
- Oregon Paralegal Association, Oregon Certified Paralegal, 2017
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam, 2012
- Everest College of Paralegal Studies, Associate of Science, 2007
- Portland State University, Bachelor of Applied Science in Administration of Justice, 2001
- Portland Community College, Associate of Arts in General Studies and Associate of Science in Criminal Justice, 1999
- American Bar Association, associate member, 2015-present
- Multnomah Bar Association, associate member, 2014-present
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Regulation Review Coordinator, 2014-2015
- Oregon State Bar, Board of Governors Limited License Legal Technicians Task Force, 2013-2015
- Oregon Paralegal Association, Regulation Committee Co-Chair, 2015-present; Certification Ambassador, 2012-present; Board Director, 2014-2015; Military Outreach Liaison, 2011-2015
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations’ Certification Ambassador of the Year, 2015
- Oregon Paralegal Association’s Paralegal of the Year, 2015