Ken Antell is a partner in the Real Estate Practice Group at Dunn Carney Allen Higgins & Tongue LLP, where his practice focuses on commercial real estate purchase, sale, financing and leasing transactions. Ken also has extensive experience in development, construction and entity structuring in real property transactions. During his more than 29 years of practice, Ken has represented buyers, sellers and other stakeholders in numerous transactions involving shopping centers, office buildings, industrial and multi-family properties. Ken’s practice is national in scope. Notably, he has served as lead counsel for Retail Opportunity Investments Corporation, a publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust, in its acquisition of over 30 shopping center properties in Oregon, Washington and California during the past 3 years.
Ken has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate, from 2004 through 2015. Ken has also been recognized in the Chambers and Partners USA survey of America’s Leading Business Lawyers as a top Real Estate attorney in Oregon each year from 2003 through 2015. From 2006 through 2015, Ken has been selected for inclusion in Oregon Super Lawyers in Real Estate. Ken is also active with a number of commercial real estate organizations, including the Building Owners and Managers Association of Portland (BOMA) for which he has served as a member of the Board of Directors for over 10 years.
- Oregon, 1986
- Washington, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1988
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 1986
- University of Michigan, B.A., 1981
- Providence Health & Services
- Retail Opportunity Investments Corp.
- Kimco Realty Corporation
- Regency Centers
- Powell Development Company
- Spring Capital Group
- American Assets Trust, Inc.
- Numerous presentations to attorneys and real estate professionals regarding commercial leasing, financing and real estate purchase and sale transactions
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Building Owners and Managers Association, Board Member 2003-present
Pro Bono Activities
- Uniform Civil Jury Instructions, Oregon State Bar, 1997-2000
- Classroom Law Project Judge, 1990-1996
- Oregon State Bar Fee Arbitration Program Arbitrator