Jon Bennett, a partner with 30 years of experience, represents clients involved in a variety of businesses on matters ranging from daily operations to significant transactions and disputes. Jon specializes in real estate agreements involving leases, acquisitions, design, development and construction and has developed special expertise in the negotiation of American Institute of Architects (AIA) contracts. He also has significant litigation experience.
Jon is a member of Dunn Carney’s Real Estate and Land Use Team as well as the Construction and Design Team. Jon is the Managing Partner of the firm and serves on the Executive Committee. He is listed in Oregon Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers for his expertise in Real Estate Law.
In 2014, Jon was elected to a three year term as a board member for Habitat for Humanity Portland Metro/East.
- Oregon, 1986
- Washington, 1988
- U.S. District Court, 1986
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 1986
- University of Oregon, B.S., Finance, 1981
Honors: Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- Bora Architects, Inc.
- Hammer and Hand, Inc.
- Industrial Property Trust Inc.
- Mt. Hood Meadows
- New & Neville Real Estate Services, Inc.
- Parr Lumber Company
- Portland Winter Hawks, Inc.
- TVA Architects
- Oregon State Bar
- Oregon State Bar Board of Bar Examiners, Member, 1997-1999
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Member
Publications and Presentations
- The Letter of Intent in Commercial Leases, Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, 2016
- Adjusting to the New Economy, Oregon Business Magazine, 2015
- Construction Default Rights and Remedies, The Seminar Group, 2015
- Legal Issues in Commercial Credit Applications, Parr Lumber Company, 2014
- Construction Liens in Oregon and Washington, Parr Lumber Company, 2013
- Contract Issues in Construction Law, Homebuilders Association, 2010