Jeff Perry leads Dunn Carney’s Business Team and is also a member of the Taxation Team. With over 13 years of experience, Jeff approaches taxation from a business perspective and works closely with his clients to provide practical solutions to their business and tax objectives.
Jeff advises on all types of transactions and tax-related matters including entity formation and structure, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and other transactions involving S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other pass-through entities. Jeff also serves as general counsel to clients ranging from regional companies to individuals and closely held businesses in a variety of industries.
Prior to joining Dunn Carney, Jeff practiced for 5 years with a Northwest law firm as Special Counsel in their Taxation, Business and Corporate practice groups and 8 years as a senior tax advisor with the national accounting firm Arthur Andersen and KPMG as part of their National Mergers and Acquisitions Team.
- Oregon, 1995
- University of Washington School of Law, LL.M., 1996
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 1995
- University of Oregon, B.S., 1992
- Private Equity – Acquisition Planning: Represent Corporate and Business private equity firm with entity formation and the acquisition of middle market assets including the acquisition of a short-line railroad in Pennsylvania and the assets of a distressed manufacturer of modular buildings, mobile homes, and recreational vehicles.
- Engineering, Construction Management and Development: Structured various acquisitive transactions for a US based engineering and construction management firm owned by an Irish corporation. Transactions include acquisition of wind project supporting a 250 MW wind farm in Oregon. Consulting activities include FIRPTA analysis, Section 45 production tax credits, Oregon business energy tax credits, issuance of Series A preferred, inbound financing, outbound expatriation, and corporate restructuring of US operations.
- Real Estate Development – Private Placement Memorandum: Advised on financial and tax sections of the private placement memorandums raising $16 million for purposes of acquiring a Class A commercial office building and 20 acres of industrial property. Drafted operating agreement providing sophisticated waterfall allocations and distributions.
- Private Equity – Sell Side: Structured sale of a pipeline construction firm based in Oregon, to a Canadian private equity firm. Transaction included a sale of personal goodwill, entity formation, management buy-out, financing, capital contributions, and a reverse case merger.
- Real Estate Development: Represent west coast real estate developer with various mixed use developments involving partnership transaction structures, carried interests, in-kind distributions, sophisticated waterfall allocations, restructuring, refinancing, and cancellation of indebtedness issues.
- Certified Public Accountants – On Going Tax Consulting: Provide on-going tax consulting to local and regional accounting firms including Section 305 analysis, redemption planning, Section 302 analysis, cancellation of indebtedness income planning, analysis of failed IPO expenses, and structuring various transactions including tax-free reverse triangular mergers and a Section 1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Oregon State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association