David Zehntbauer is a partner at Dunn Carney Allen Higgins & Tongue LLP where he practices real estate and corporate law. He leads the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group and is also an active member of the Business and Agriculture & Natural Resources teams.
David has extensive experience in commercial property acquisitions and dispositions as well as commercial and residential leasing, lease enforcement and secured financing on behalf of lenders and borrowers. In addition to his real estate expertise, David routinely advises clients regarding entity selection, formation and financing, which includes representing closely held businesses in raising equity and debt financing, mergers and acquisitions and asset and stock sale transactions.
David also provides counsel on real estate transactions and corporate structure to clients engaged in the business of cannabis production, manufacturing and sales, and gives legal guidance in connection with Oregon’s evolving marijuana laws and regulations.
David is active in the greater Portland community where he serves as a director and secretary of the Northeast United Soccer Club and an Advisory Board member of the Community Warehouse. He also serves on the Oregon Business Association’s Board of Directors, is a member of the NAIOP Public Affairs Committee, and participates in several other real estate and business organizations in Portland. In 2012, David’s law partners elected him to serve a three-year term on the firm’s Executive Committee.
David lives with his wife and two children in NE Portland where he remains active working out, playing soccer and enjoying the outdoors.
- Oregon, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 2000
- Washington, 2008
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1996
- Willamette University, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, M.B.A., Beta Gamma Sigma, 1996
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A., 1991
- Advising Businesses on Day-to-Day Affairs, April 1999
- The Law of Easements, June 2004-2008
- Commercial Landlord-Tenant Law Update, March 2005
- Easements and CCRs, February 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Commercial Association of Brokers, Member
- Community Warehouse, Inc., Director
- Multnomah Athletic Club, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Member
- Northeast United Soccer Club, Director
- Oregon Business Association, Member, Board of Directors
- Oregon Cannabis Industry Association, Member
- Oregon Craft Brewers Alliance, Member
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Portland Business Alliance
- Zehntbauer Foundation, Trustee and Chairman