Ken Davis is a partner at Dunn Carney who works with closely-held businesses and also assists individuals with their estate planning needs and estate and trust administration. Ken helps owners of closely-held businesses with governance issues, contracts, business acquisitions and sales, and planning for business succession. Ken’s estate planning and administration work includes crafting estate plans that are tailored to the needs of the client and assisting family members with estate and trust administration when it is time to implement the estate plan. Ken’s practice also includes work on complex financing transactions.
Ken’s experience before becoming an attorney gave him real-world insight into the needs of his clients. He worked for more than eight years as an independent property and casualty insurance agent and principal with a family-owned insurance agency, assisting individuals and businesses with their insurance needs. He then spent four years in commercial real estate leasing with a prominent Oregon firm before turning to the practice of law. Ken understands the client’s perspective, what it is like to be on the other side of the desk, when dealing with the issues closely-held business owners frequently face, both in their day-to-day business and in planning for the future.
Ken is a member of the Business Team and the Wills and Estates team at the firm. Ken is a long-term member of the Portland Estate Planning Council and has been a member of the Oregon Health and Sciences University Foundation Gift Planning Council for many years. Ken is past president of the board of a local social service agency on which he served for ten years. In his free time, Ken enjoys photography and mystery novels.
- Oregon, 1988
- Washington, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1988
- Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., summa cum laude, 1988
Honors: Cornelius Honor Society
- Columbia College, A.B., Biology, 1972
- Charitable Gift Annuities, Oregon Jewish Community Foundation Professional Advisors Group Seminar
- All about Trusts-Revocable Living Trusts, Joint and Single Trusts, Dunn Carney Estate Planning and Administration Seminar Series, April 2012
- Oregon State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Portland Estate Planning Council
- Oregon Health and Sciences University Foundation Gift Planning Council, Member