Gil Parker is a partner in the Real Estate and Land Use section of the firm. His practice focuses on real estate development, business transactions, commercial lending, construction and construction liens, and secured transactions. He has extensive experience in handling multi-million dollar transactions for developers, buyers, sellers, and borrowers in commercial real estate and communications. While working with clients who are leaders in sustainable real estate development, Gil has acquired a broad knowledge of the legal issues involved in public and private sustainable development. He also structures purchases and sales of closely-held businesses. Gil joined the firm in 1975 and became a partner at Dunn Carney in 1981. He was the firm’s managing partner from 1991 to 1993 and has served on the firm’s Executive Committee frequently since the 1980s.
Gil was selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America in the Real Estate Law section. Since 2004, Gil has been recognized as a top Real Estate Attorney in Oregon by the Chambers and Partners USA survey of America’s Leading Business Lawyers. His peers describe him as a “constructive deal-maker” who is “perceptive, unflappable and accommodating.” He has also been selected for inclusion in Oregon Super Lawyers in Real Estate and listed as a Top Rated Lawyer in Real Estate in Martindale-Hubbell.
Gil focuses on transactional work because he enjoys creating solid business connections among the involved parties. Understanding that transactions depend on clarity and trust, he finds satisfaction in crafting agreements that integrate the parties’ diverse objectives.
Gil Parker served on the Board of Directors for Riverbend Youth Center, Inc. for nine years. Riverbend is a nonprofit residential and day treatment center for emotionally disturbed adolescents and their families.
- Oregon, 1975
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1976
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1975
- Lewis & Clark College, B.A., History, with Honors, 1972
- Gerding/Edlen Development Company
- Eastern Western Corporation
- Shelter Products, Inc.
- Oregon State Bar, Real Estate and Land Use and Sustainable Futures Sections
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Commercial Law Affiliates (now known as Meritas), 1991-1992
Founding Member, Board of Directors
- Dunn Carney Allen Higgins & Tongue LLP, 1991-1993
- Riverbend Youth Center, Inc., 1995-2004; Chair, Board of Directors