Our Firm History
Dunn Carney traces its roots to the Portland firm Maguire, Shields & Morrison, founded in 1930. In the mid-1960s, the firm was renamed Morrison & Bailey, becoming Morrison, Dunn, Cohen, Miller & Carney in the mid-1970s, and Dunn Carney Allen Higgins & Tongue LLP in the mid-1980s. Later, the Oregon State Bar dropped its rule that firm names must exclude the names of deceased partners. In 2017, we became Dunn Carney LLP.