Dunn Carney Supports Pro Bono
Pro bono legal service is every attorney’s professional responsibility. Lawyers possess the unique ability to contribute to a community’s welfare by serving people of limited means and increasing access to justice. Because of this, Dunn Carney attorneys and staff devote hundreds of hours to pro bono matters every year.
Our attorneys regularly participate in pro bono activities with Legal Aid Services of Oregon (LASO), including:
- Bankruptcy Clinic
- Domestic Violence Project
- Night Clinic
We also represent pro bono clients on matters ranging from immigration to property rights, and unemployment benefits to landlord-tenant disputes.
And, beyond simply providing charitable legal services, our attorneys have been recognized for their commitment to the cause.
- Elizabeth Knight was honored with the Oregon State Bar’s 2015 President’s Public Service Award;
- Josh Stadtler received the Multnomah Bar Association’s 2015 Michael E. Haglund Pro Bono Award.
We continuously instill our commitment to pro bono work by taking the Multnomah Bar Association’s Pro Bono Pledge every year. This affirms our commitment to:
- Maintain a written pro bono policy
- Encourage and support attorneys to represent one or more pro bono clients annually
- Contribute financially to organizations that support or provide charitable legal services