Dunn Carney LLP is an established downtown law firm that has been recognized as a leader in the Pacific Northwest legal community since the 1930s. Through membership in Meritas, Dunn Carney LLP serves clients nationwide and internationally in the fields of real estate, healthcare, insurance, construction and design, agriculture and natural resources, commercial litigation, corporate, estate planning, intellectual property and employment law. Dunn Carney LLP is currently seeking a Resources Manager within our Human Resources department to work full-time in our Portland office location.
The Resources Manager will provide supervision and coverage to various firm support departments including: service center, reception, hospitality and records. The manager will provide staff supervision, backup for each department, and organize a positive and engaging service team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise multiple service departments and have working knowledge of each department
- Cross-train employees to work in multiple departments
- Organize and oversee schedules and work assignments
- Assist with annual reviews and give timely feedback
- Provide backup support for all service departments
- Perform conflict checks and new matters
- Implement service procedures and identify best practices
- Manage and monitor budgetary expenses for service departments
- Manage firm events
- Work with supply vendors
- Monitor cold calls
- Ensure that staff feel appreciated and recognized for their contributions
- Identify opportunities to improve customer service procedures and make recommendations to the Director of Human Resources
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Applied Skills
- Three years of law firm experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- Catering and event planning experience
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Ability to organize a working service team
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent coordinator and multi-tasker
- Knowledge of law firms computer systems and programs
- Ability to have fun
Founded in the 1930s, Dunn Carney has been a leader in the Pacific Northwest legal community for decades. Our firm is committed to providing the highest quality legal services to our clients, while promoting a collegial and supportive firm culture and maintaining strong connections to our community.
We request that candidates submit a cover letter and resume in .doc or .pdf file to Dmoser@dunncarney.com when applying for this position.
Dunn Carney supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants are extended equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, age, gender identity, disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical conditions or any other status protected by law.