Dunn Carney is dedicated to client service through teamwork and strong relationships with our clients and each other. Our Firm culture supports balanced individual lifestyles and a diverse workforce. If there are open positions, select the link below for an application.
We are always seeking hard working, talented attorneys to move the firm forward. We are committed to hiring individuals at all experience levels, from entry level positions to senior associates, depending on our needs. Dunn Carney offers competitive salary and benefit packages for the Portland area.
“This collaborative environment has been energizing. You’re empowered to set your own course.”
– Ben Eckstein, 2016 Summer Associate
As one of Portland’s Top 10 law firms, Dunn Carney has the talent and resources to manage the most complex legal problems, yet a collegial, team-driven culture that emphasizes accessibility, responsiveness and relationships. For Summer Associates, this translates into the opportunity to work closely with a range of attorneys in varied practice areas, seek out projects of interest and learn the importance of the client’s perspective.
Hallmarks of our Summer Associate Program include:
- Hands-on, varied work experience
- Opportunities for direct client interaction
- Strong mentor-mentee relationships
- Participation in firm networking events and activities
- A collegial environment and attorneys with open-door policies
- Great downtown Portland location, next to Pioneer Square
For decades, Dunn Carney has invited law students to complement their legal education with legal experience. Managing Partner Jon Bennett first came to the firm as a summer associate, as did partners Erik Kekel, Tim Hering, Sam Smith and Elizabeth Knight, and first-year associate Lauren Russell.
If you’re interested in a summer associate experience where you’re welcomed as part of a team, we hope you’ll contact Dunn Carney.
For more information, contact Human Resources Director Donna Moser at email@example.com or 503-417-5499.
Paralegals at Dunn Carney are key participants in our business and litigation practice. From trial preparation to entity formation to probate administration, paralegals play an important role in providing high-quality and cost-effective services to our clients.
Dunn Carney employs a variety of support staff, including legal secretaries, legal assistants, file clerks, document control staff, accounting personnel, receptionists, service center staff and information technology professionals. The support staff at Dunn Carney play an important role in maintaining the systems that are critical to efficiently providing high-quality legal services.
Applying for an Open Position
Dunn Carney welcomes inquiries on available positions at any time. However, we do not accept, consider, or retain unsolicited resumés that do not correspond directly to an open position. To apply for an open position, please:
- Submit a cover letter, resumé and completed Application. We request that you submit your materials in a .doc or .pdf file format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please fill out all of the education and employment history sections of the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Your resumé is not a replacement for entering this history.
Thank you for your interest in Dunn Carney.
Dunn Carney supports workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.