Estate Planning Assistant – Full Time, 40 hours
This full-time position is responsible for providing legal support to assigned attorneys. The Estate Planning Practice Assistant is responsible for managing day-to-day office work and prioritizing workload. This position calls for strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, revise and format documents and correspondence; proofread documents/correspondence for content, spelling, grammar, language usage and punctuation and put into final form.
- Locate documents, data, and records through filing and other research. Review, analyze, organize, index and maintain client and general electronic files.
- Provide support to assigned attorneys by managing correspondence with clients and acting as a point of contact. Observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications (i.e., mail, calls), including efiling of emails and mail.
- Manage the client intake process including conflict of interest checks, opening new files and maintaining client and general electronic files.
- Prepare client files for client meetings.
- Maintain and manage attorney calendars, deadlines, conferences, and other meetings as requested.
Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Possess excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading abilities.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve legal and technological issues.
- Skilled in formatting and redline/track changes in Word.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Docusign and Simplifile.
- Effectively prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Possess ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Exercise good judgment and pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Three or more years of full-time legal assistant experience for a company, court, or law office.
- Basic legal knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with computer systems such as document management systems, and billing software.
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality of work under pressure.
How to Apply
We request that candidates submit a resume in .doc or .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org when applying for this position. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Dunn Carney supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All applicants are extended equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, age, gender identity, disability, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical conditions or any other status protected by law.