Tim Hering is a member of Dunn Carney’s Real Estate and Construction Law teams. He handles a wide array of real estate matters ranging from adverse possession claims, escrow disputes and CC&R enforcement to complex, multi-million dollar contract actions. Tim regularly advises owners, property managers and landlords regarding leasing issues, particularly lease enforcement, and he has extensive experience with commercial, residential and post-foreclosure evictions. Tim also handles business and commercial litigation and practices in the area of creditor’s rights, assisting clients with debt collection, obtaining and enforcing judgments, perfecting and foreclosing liens, and resolving post-foreclosure disputes. In 2011, Tim was selected for inclusion in Rising Stars in Real Estate Law by Oregon Super Lawyers.
Tim is a part-time bike commuter and when not working he prefers to spend his time outdoors with his wife and daughter. He also enjoys traveling and has been to forty-nine states (plus Guam and Puerto Rico) but, sadly, never to Rhode Island.
- Oregon, 2005
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, 2005
- Washington, 2010
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Washington, B.A., with Honors, 1997
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Owen M. Panner American Inn of Court
- American Bar Association
Presentations and Publications
- Dunn Carney Construction Seminar, Do you know the terms of your contract?, Nov. 2011
- Construction Seminar, sponsored by Dunn Carney, Contract Issues-Learn What Matters, Nov. 2010
- Construction Lien Seminar,sponsored by Dunn Carney, Feb. 2010
- “Users and Abusers: Has the Distinction Been Legislated out of Copyright?”, Oregon Law Review, Vol. 83, No. 4 (2004)