Sam Smith joins our litigation practice group from the University of Oregon School of Law. While in law school Samuel acted as both a Legal Writing and a Criminal law tutor. Samuel was a summer associate at Dunn Carney in 2007 and clerked at the Oregon Department of Justice in 2006. Prior to attending law school Sam worked as a public school teacher and in the forest-products industry.
In his free time Sam enjoys playing sports, attending concerts, and spending time with friends and family.
- Oregon, 2008
- United States District Court, 2008
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2012
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Willamette University, B.A., English Literature, Minor in Ecological Biology, magna cum laude, 2002
- Dunn Carney Insurance Enews-2012 Jury Verdicts in Review: Ratio Between Noneconomic and Economic Damages
- Dunn Carney Insurance Enews- Sandusky Scandal Raises Issue of Potential Premises Liability in Oregon
- Dunn Carney Insurance Enews- Attorney Fees Under ORS 742.061 Applicable only Where Policy is Delivered or Issued for Delivery in Oregon
- Dunn Carney Enews- ORCP 54 E Unavailable to Limit Attorney Fees Triggered by ORS 742.061
- Senate Bill 519-Oregon Restricts Employer Speech about Religion, Politics and Labor Unions
- Oregon State Bar
- Multnomah Bar Association