Carolyn Larson’s practice is focused on real estate transactions, estate planning, business transactions and railroads. She regularly represents buyers and sellers of real estate with contract negotiations, financing and title issues, and serves on the firm’s opinion letter committee. She has significant experience with public/private projects involving real estate or transportation issues. Past local projects include the “rails-to-trails” conversion of the Springwater Corridor, the pedestrian walkway across the lower level of the Steel Bridge in Portland, and shared freight/transit use of railroad right of way.
Carolyn’s experience with real estate and small businesses helps her provide practical estate planning advice to clients whose assets include land and family business interests. She is married to a sculptor and enjoys working with estates that include works of art and involve the complexities of appraising art and selling art.
Prior to joining Dunn Carney, Carolyn was a shareholder with Kilmer, Voorhees & Laurick, P.C. For the first part of her legal career, she served as in-house counsel for Union Pacific Railroad Company.
- Oregon, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1977
- Washington, 1999
- University of Denver, J.D., Order of St. Ives, 1976
- University of Colorado, B.A., Art, 1972
- Kalamazoo College
- Universite’ de Strasbourg
- Union Pacific Railroad Company
- Portland Terminal Railroad Company
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar, Member of Real Estate and Land Use, Estate Planning and Administration, and Business Law Sections
- Washington State Bar, Member
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
- Women in Insurance & Financial Services, Member