Anne Foster is an experienced trial lawyer and trusted business advisor. She specializes in complicated business disputes and catastrophic injury claims. Her key focus is on finding ways to protect her client’s interests and avoid protracted litigation. She has also successfully tried to verdict well over 45 cases in Oregon and Washington. Anne gets results while providing personal attention to each of her clients. Anne was selected for inclusion in 2009 Oregon Rising Stars in Business Litigation by Oregon Super Lawyers. She is a member of the Agriculture and Natural Resources, Insurance Defense and Governmental Affairs teams at Dunn Carney.
Anne is a highly sought after presenter for both legal and trade organizations regarding litigation issues, including topics such as how to avoid litigation and how to argue your case and use technology in the courtroom. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Anne was the speech writer for David Frohnmayer, former President of the University of Oregon and Attorney General of Oregon. She also assisted the National Association of Attorneys General in distributing over $9.6 billion of discretionary funds from the national tobacco settlement to the many states and provinces involved.
When not practicing law, Anne enjoys spending time with her two girls-both of whom are wholly unimpressed with their mom’s trial skills.
- Oregon, 1999
- Washington, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit, 2002
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2003
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Oregon, B.A., 1993
- Defense Verdict- injuries totaling $420k as a result of injuries from a shade umbrella.
- Defense Verdict- injuries totaling $500k as a result of a slip and fall.
- Defense Verdict- property and lost profits claim against rental agency.
- Defense Verdict-$500,000 12 person jury verdict award for defendants. Plaintiffs breached the contract relating to lease of dairy and defendants awarded $500,000 in lost profits.
- Successful resolution for tea processor of claims arising from international recall of product.
- $1,950,000 settlement of wrongful death claim
- $1,250,000 12 person jury verdict finding Li Ning, a Chinese athletic shoe company retaliated against director level employee who complained that he was demoted because of his race and/or national origin. Link to story in Oregonian.
- $1,150,000 settlement of traumatic brain injury matter.
- $1,000,000 policy limits settlement of wrongful death claim.
- $750,000 12 person jury verdict finding Land O’Lakes Purina liable for destroying family dairy herd with toxic feed. Link to stories in The Oregonian, The Capital Press, and The Daily Astorian.
- $620,000 voluntary judgment against Riverview Community Bank for retaliation against one of its former employees who uncovered fraud at the bank. Links to articles in The Columbian, published June 10, 2014 and December 12, 2012.
- $515,000 settlement of injuries from motor vehicle accident.
- $250,000 settlement of injuries as a result of slip and fall.
- Confidential amount paid to former Thai cooks working at the now defunct Typhoon! restaurant. Links to articles in The Oregonian and Portland Business Journal.
Results achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Annual Providence Portland Medical Foundation Positive Perspectives Cancer Luncheon, Committee Member
- Soulful Giving- local organization raising money to support cancer research and care, former Board Member
- Oregon State Bar, Product Liability Section, Member of the Executive Committee
- Washington State Bar, Member
- Oregon Women Lawyers, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Employment Law: Hot Topics and Trends- Whistleblowers, After-Acquired Evidence and Social Media, Oregon Paralegals Association, October 2014
- Lights, Camera, Action! Use of Technology in the Courtroom, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel Annual Convention, June 2014
- Food Borne Illness Litigation, Oregon Fresh Market Growers Annual Meeting, Feb. 2014
- Using an Ipad at Trial- Is this a game changer? Starbucks Litigation Summit, May 2012
- Litigation Revolution: How the iPad Might Change the Game, Meritas Annual Meeting, April 2012
- Food Safety Panel-Overview and Background of Liability Issues, Dunn Carney Ag Summit, January 2011
- Panelist, Care and Treatment of Your Other Client – the Insured, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (OADC) Annual Summer Conference, 2003
- Divorcing the Married Product: Must A ‘Good’ Product Warn of a ‘Bad’ Product Simply Because They Are Used Together?, DRI Product Liability Conference, 2000
- To An Unknown God: Religious Freedom on Trial by Garrett Epps, Assistant Editor